Designing images is an art of transforming clients' ideas and visions into unique visual works to convey specific messages to the audience, or to give products a distinctive aesthetic appearance, or to market various services, or to enhance brand value, and so on. It relies on technical and artistic skills such as graphic design, professional handling of colors, fonts, graphics, shapes, and their coordination.
|How to Design Professional Images for Your Business|
What is the importance of image design for your business?
Designing professional images for your brand develops your business and enhances its identity, improves the reputation of your company, and offers great benefits, including:
1. Strong initial impression
If a customer visits your online store or your company's pages on social networks, the general appearance of your virtual platform is the first thing that will create a first impression of your brand. If the image designs are attractive and consistent, the customer will continue browsing and following. But if they are random and unconsidered, the customer will not return.
2. Emotional connection with the audience
Professionally designed images to explain products or narrate stories and experiences enhance emotional connection with the audience, make the content more clear, and attract more potential customers to your business. Therefore, brands invest in them to grow their popularity and increase the trust and credibility of their customers.
3. Creating a unique identity
Images help you educate your audience, develop the personality of your brand, and create a unique identity for your business because they are vital components of the visual aspect that describes your business. If you neglect them, you will not be able to design a strong and impactful visual identity, and you may lose your position in the target market.
4. Increasing sales and revenues
The benefits of images are not limited to educating the audience only, but they also play a key role in increasing their sense of experiencing the product as if it was in their hands, affecting their marketing decisions, motivating them to purchase, and thereby increasing sales and revenue. So, if you want to enhance your conversion rate, display multiple images of your products from different angles and in various contexts.
Types of Image Design
Types of image design may refer to designing product, service or even personal images, but there are several main types of image designs that you should use to support your brand. Some of the most prominent ones are:
Visual identity design
Image design enhances the visual identity of the brand and plays a significant role in conveying indirect messages to the audience. When integrated into the visual identity, it attracts customers' attention, stimulates their feelings and curiosity. Therefore, it should be designed professionally and with extreme precision, so that it is expressive and consistent with the business activity, and suitable for the target audience.
Brands benefit from designing images in creating attractive banners, marketing advertisements on social networks and websites, to increase awareness of a particular product or to promote a new service, and so on. The designer must understand the principles of image design on each platform, because its content and size may differ from one network to another. For example, designing post images on Facebook is done with different standard dimensions than Instagram.
User interface design
Image design overlaps with the user interface design (UI) in websites, applications, and other electronic platforms. Designers usually resort to editing attractive images and graphics and employing them in the user interface to enhance the impression of customers, evoke their emotional response, and achieve an enjoyable user experience.
Publishing and editing images
Graphic designers use images and graphics in publishing and editing fields such as newspapers, magazines, books, commercial catalogs, and designing corporate profiles because they are an effective and influential marketing tool. Therefore, the designer must carefully select them, so that they are in line with the nature of the brand, in addition to understanding the psychology of colors and their effects on the audience.
Packaging and wrapping images
Image design in packaging and wrapping enhances the aesthetics of the external appearance of product packaging, including bags, boxes, and containers, to create a sensory, stimulating buying experience.
Designing Images and Animation
Many designers use images in different types of animated graphics, such as motion graphics, to present information in an engaging and smooth way that enhances memory and perception. They also employ them in video games to achieve an optimal player experience and increase interaction with the game.
Images are used in infographics to convey difficult information and increase the audience's comprehension and retention. They are not placed randomly, but rather organized and complementary to the content so that the viewer receives sufficient and comprehensive details about the topic. Infographics often include multiple visuals such as photographs, logos, maps, charts, and GIFs.
Design Principles of Images
Designing images professionally requires knowledge of the basics of design, an understanding of color properties such as contrast, brightness, and integration, mastery of typography, and familiarity with the five principles of design:
- Alignment: Achieving visual harmony between design elements to make content and visuals more attractive, aesthetically pleasing, and comfortable for the eyes.
- Repetition: Repeating a specific element or several elements in the design in a distinctive and consistent manner to create a strong impression on the client, making it easier for the audience to remember the brand.
- Contrast: Attracting the client's attention to the most important point in the design by employing different visually distinct elements, such as colors, sizes, and shapes.
- Hierarchy: Organizing the design elements and guiding the human eye from the most important to the least important by highlighting a part of the content or a specific element in a different way.
- Balance: Either equal, symmetrical, or asymmetrical, it helps the audience to see the elements clearly and enjoyably, in addition to making it easy to navigate through the details without getting lost.
Most Famous Image Design Software
- Adobe Photoshop: is distinguished by its superior ability to edit photos, design 3D elements, illustrations, as well as stickers, logos, and other features.
- Illustrator: is an ideal tool for designing images and graphics without compromising their quality and accuracy, but it is not suitable for beginners.
- InDesign: makes it easy to design posters, images, brochures, magazines, newspapers, presentations, and e-books.
- Corel Draw: is used for designing vectors, creating logos, book covers, and it is suitable for beginner designers because of its ease of use.
- Cinema 4D: is an ideal program for creating animations and 3D models, in addition to designing professional images, cartoon characters, and game development.
- Lunacy: is a great tool for designing user interface images, high-efficiency graphics, containing thousands of ready-made elements, and does not require an internet connection.
How to Design Professional Images for Your Business?
Some people resort to using ready-made templates to design and modify images, which negatively affects their business and does not achieve satisfactory results. Therefore, it is better to design professional images that are consistent with the brand and suitable for the target audience, but how to do that?
1. Determine the purpose of the design
Good design is based on a clear, executable, measurable purpose, and relevant to the brand. When you identify your main purpose of the design, you can accurately determine its type and create a comprehensive vision of its elements and visuals. Design goals vary, including promoting a new product or service, educating customers about a specific topic, raising brand awareness, or persuading them of a specific idea or message.
To determine the purpose of the design, you should understand the personality of the client you are targeting, their requirements, preferences, goals, and hobbies, in addition to creating a list of the brand's needs, and identifying the main motives and reasons behind the design. For example, designing professional images for a fitness brand should focus on promoting a healthy lifestyle and using images of fit and healthy people.
2. Choose the appropriate design type
Once you have identified the goal of your design, it becomes easier to choose the appropriate type, which often appears automatically. For example, if your goal is to promote a new product and increase sales, the best choice is marketing image design. However, if you want to create attractive packaging for your products, it's best to collaborate with a specialized designer in packaging.
In this step, you should study the designs of competitors in your field, analyze them, identify their strengths and weaknesses, conduct more research to inspire the main ideas related to the design of your project's images, identify what distinguishes you from your competitors, and how to highlight it in visual content.
3. Choose the appropriate publishing platform
The choice of the platform on which to publish your image designs depends on several factors, including the goal you set for the design, the nature of the product you are marketing, and the target audience. Therefore, you should know the platforms and media that your customers prefer to follow, when they use them, how they interact with them, the type of images they like, and so on.
For example, if you intend to design advertising images to be displayed in the streets, it is best to print them and place them in public places crowded with the public. However, if your goal is to find new employees, the best option is LinkedIn. It is also important to understand the nature of each platform and follow the appropriate best practices, such as designing Facebook images with dimensions of 1200 x 630 pixels, while vertical images on Instagram have dimensions of 1080 x 1350 pixels, and horizontal images have dimensions of 1080 x 566 pixels.
4. Prepare the design details
Before starting the actual implementation, you should identify the necessary elements and visual components used in the design, such as static or animated images, fonts and colors, logos, visual effects, and graphics, and other visual identity elements. Ask yourself:
- What are the appropriate shapes and diagrams for the design goal?
- Do you need photographs of natural people?
- What are the appropriate colors for your audience and brand?
- What are the ideal font styles and sizes for the design?
- Do you prefer to use a specific design software, and are you proficient in it?
Answering these questions and preparing the design details in advance will help you save time and effort and ensure a successful outcome.
At this stage, do not forget to formulate the marketing content succinctly and clearly. If you do not have the necessary experience in marketing writing, you can seek the help of professional writers who offer advertising writing services through the CoursNews website. This way, you can get a coherent, persuasive, and motivating promotional text that achieves your marketing goals.
5. Seek the services of professional photo design
Once the previous steps are completed, the implementation stage of photo design using graphic design programs and tools begins. If you lack the necessary design skills or experience, it is best to seek the help of one of the photo design services available on the CoursNews website, the largest Arabic market for buying and selling microservices, provided by professional experts in graphic design who have the ability to produce professional and consistent designs with your brand.
All you have to do is browse all the photo design services related to your business activity and marketing goals, then choose the best one and carefully read its details, including the developed services and prices, and review the previous buyers' evaluations for each service, to choose the best photo design service that suits your needs. After purchasing the service, communicate with the designer regularly to follow up on the actual stages of design and discuss any modifications you wish to make.
Best Practices for Professional Photo Design
There are many tips and practices that can be followed to obtain professional and distinguished photo designs for your brand, including:
1. Design simplicity and clarity: Professional design is not crowded with multiple visuals without logical employment, but rather focuses on the basic elements that help achieve the design goal and convey its message concisely and clearly. Therefore, make sure that the final design is simple and clear.
2. Including the logo: Agree with the designer to place your brand logo in an appropriate size in the photo design, as it reveals your identity and helps your audience know you, and enhances confidence in your brand.
3. Consistency of colors: Make sure that the colors used in photo design are appropriate for the content, and are consistent and consistent with the visual identity of your brand, so that you get an artistic panel adorned with colors that amaze your customers. At the same time, they should be suitable for your business activity.
4. Employing shadows and lighting: If you want to add more depth to the content or a specific part of the design, it is possible to inform the designer of the necessity of employing shadows and lighting to give the design a more realistic and aesthetic look.
5. Attention to Negative Space: Take a look at the empty spaces in your design, evaluate them, and ask yourself: has the designer used them effectively or do they need further improvements? If they have not been utilized positively, ask the designer to make some changes so that these spaces play a role in attracting customers and improving the flow of information to guide them.
Finally, intense competition now requires the use of various methods and strategies to attract customers' attention, establish their trust and loyalty in your brand. One of these marketing techniques is the necessity of designing professional images for your brand and following the best practices to make the designs distinctive and impactful.