All you need to know about Kali Linux
Operating systems are often associated with certain tasks. For example, anything related to graphics, design or content creation calls for Mac or Windows operating systems. In case of hacking or tampering with network mechanisms in general, the transition is made directly to a specific operating system, which is Kali Linux. In this article, I will write a general introduction to Kali Linux and how it can be used for ethical hacking, as well as the best courses for learning Kali Linux from scratch.
What is Kali Linux?
Kali Linux is a Debian-based Linux distribution. It's a meticulously designed operating system that caters specifically to the likes of network analysts and penetration testers. The large number of tools that come pre-installed with Kali makes it a giant tool for ethical hackers.
Why do hackers use Kali Linux?
It was previously known as Kali Linux as Backtrack. In 2013, Backtrack was rebuilt on Debian and a new name was given to it, Kali Linux, as a successor, as it came polished with more tools focused on testing and penetration, in contrast to Backtrack, which contains multiple tools serving The same purpose, which made it filled with unnecessary things. This is what makes ethical hacking with Kali Linux simple and great.
Where do you use Kali Linux?
Kali Linux is mainly used in the field of advanced penetration testing and security auditing. Kali contains several hundred tools geared towards various information security tasks, such as penetration testing, security research, computer forensics and reverse engineering, as well as the ability to discover vulnerabilities.
Is Kali Linux illegal?
Kali Linux is legal and illegal in some cases. It is just an operating system. However, it is also a hacking tool, and when someone specifically uses it to hack a device, account, etc., then it is illegal. Otherwise, it is legal if you install it for useful purposes such as learning, teaching, or using it in a way to enhance your software or network because it is not illegal to install any licensed operating system that is available for download.
Who Developed Kali Linux? (Kali Linux Development)
Mati Aharoni and Devon Kearns are the primary developers of Kali Linux. Which was a rewrite or initialization of Backtrack Linux, which was another penetration test for a centralized Linux distribution. Kali has been developed according to Debian standards as it imports the majority of its code from the Debian repositories.
Development began in early March 2012, among a small group of developers. Only a very select few developers were allowed to link packages, and that too in a protected environment. Kali Linux exited development with its first release in 2013. Since then, Kali Linux has gone through a number of major updates. The development of these updates is handled by Offensive Security.
Why use Kali Linux?
- There is a wide range of reasons why one would use Kali Linux. Let me list a few of them :
- As far as it can get for free – Kali Linux is and always will be free to us
- More tools than you can imagine – Kali Linux comes with over 600 different tools for penetration testing security analytics and security.
- Open Source – As a member of the Linux family, Kali follows the highly regarded open source model. Their development tree can be viewed on Git and all code is available for tweaking purposes.
- Fully Customizable – Developers with offensive security understand that not everyone will agree with their build paradigm, so they've made it as easy as possible for the most adventurous user to customize Kali Linux to their liking, right down to the kernel.
- Multilingual Support – Although hacking tools are often written in English, Kali has been made sure to include true multilingual support, allowing more users to work in their native language and decide which tools they need for the job.
System Requirements for Kali Linux- (How much RAM does Kali Linux need?)
Installing Kali is a piece of cake. All you need to make sure is that you have the compatible hardware. Kali is supported on i386, amd64 and ARM platforms (both ARMEL and ARMHF). Hardware requirements are minimal as shown below, although better hardware will naturally provide better performance.
- At least 20GB disk space to install Kali Linux.
- RAM for i386 and amd64 architecture, Minimum: 1GB GB, Recommended: 2GB GB or more.
- CD-DVD drive / USB / VirtualBox virtual boot support
What tools come with Kali Linux? (tool list)
Here is a list of pre-installed tools for ethical hacking with Kali Linux. This list is by no means extensive because Kali has quite a number of tools, all of which cannot be listed and explained in one article.
Aircrack-ng is a set of tools used to evaluate the security of a WiFi network. Focuses on the main areas of WiFi security:
- Monitoring: capturing packets and exporting data to text files for further processing by third-party tools
- Attack: dea deauthentication, fake access points, etc. by package injection
- Testing : checking and came Wi-Fi cards and its capabilities (capture and injection)
- Cracker: web and WPA BCC (WPA 1 2 2)
All tools are a line of commands . The tool runs mainly on Linux but also learns on Windows, OS X, FreeBSD, NetBSD in addition to Solaris.
Network diagram nnmap.. Nmap uses initial IP packets in secret ways to identify the hosts available on the network, the services (application and version prerequisite) performed by these hosts, the operating systems they run, the type of packet filters / firewalls used, and dozens and may other characteristics.
Many system and network administrators also find it useful for tasks such as:
Many system and network administrators also find it useful for tasks such as:
- Network inventory
- Manage service upgrade schedules
- Monitoring a host or services
3. THC Hydra
Hydra It can perform fast dictionary attacks against more and no need 50 protocols, including telnet, FTP, HTTP, HTTPs, SMB, many and came databases and much more. It can be used to hack web scanners, wireless networks, packet makers etc.
Nisus is a remote scanning tool that you can use to scan computers for security vulnerabilities. It does not actively block any existing vulnerabilities in your computers, but it will be able to sniff them out by quickly performing more than 1200 vulnerability checks and throwing alerts when any security patches need to be made.
WireShark is an open source package analyzer that you can use for free. With it, you can see the activities on the network from the microscopic level along with access to the pcap file, customizable reports, advanced triggers, alerts, etc., and it is said to be the world's most widely used network protocol analyzer for Linux.
Now that we've shared everything you need to know before you start learning, let's move on to the most important and best sources to learn Kali Linux from scratch:
You want to learn and master Hacking Using Kali Linux but you don't know where to start Do you find the command line confusing and scary If yes, then this is the perfect course for you.
About the Kali Linux learning course from scratch
In this Kali Linux tutorial, it starts with the assumption that you know absolutely nothing about Linux! Starting from scratch from the first step, you will gain your knowledge about how to use Linux and before you get acquainted with it, you will master the basic tools and commands not only in Kali, but in most Linux systems.
What will you learn from the Kali Linux learning course
- Learn the basic concepts of Kali Linux so you can start your learning journey
- Learn how to use common Linux commands as hackers do and how to build a Linux target from scratch
- Learn how to perform basic and advanced tasks in Kali Linux
- Gain a basic understanding of the multiple concepts related to Kali Linux
- And many important things like exploitation, security and so on..
For whom the Kali Linux learning course
- For anyone who would like to know how to use Kali Linux
- For those who have a basic understanding of ethical hacking and would like to know how to do it using Linux
- For anyone who wants to know how to create and hack targets using Kali Linux
Link to Join The Full Course
This is an ideal course for anyone interested in hacking, and wants to make his way and start learning the most important and powerful hacking tool, where you will start with you from the beginning step by step to master the tools and commands for Kali Linux.
In case you want any help, ask for it directly via a comment below the topic, our team is always ready to answer your queries and questions in the shortest possible time.